Dive in to Rec Sports Aquatics! Every semester we offer numerous programs to help you improve your techniques in the water. Whether you’re looking to get certified in SCUBA, learn how to swim, work as a lifeguard, or simply relax in one of our pools, Rec Sports Aquatics is here to help!
News & Information
- Volunteers needed for Masters Long Course Swim Meet, July 19 – 21. No experience needed; volunteers will receive free meals and a t-shirt. Click HERE to sign up!
- For Aquatics facility hours, visit the Natatorium tab on the Facilities & Hours page. For pool availability, visit the Pool & Event Schedule tab on this page.
- Want the most current Aquatics information? Sign up for the Aquatics listserv!
- See all Rec Sports schedules by viewing the Rec Sports Summer 2019 Guide.
For information about all Aquatics facilities, see the Natatorium tab on the Facilities & Hours page.
Visit the Aquatics Policies tab on this page for information about our breath holding policy, inclement weather policy, and general pool rules.
Check out our photo album on Flickr!
Aquatics Programs & Classes
Summer 2019 Schedule
View the Summer 2019 Schedule in the Rec Sports Summer ’19 Guide.
Sign up online or in person at the Rec Center Member Services desk. Schedules are subject to change.
A full refund (100%) may be requested up to 3 days prior to the start of class. A partial (80%) refund can be requested 3-0 days before the start of class. A doctor’s note will be required for 100% refund requests less than 3 days prior to the start date due to illness.
For more information, please email email@example.com.
Pool & Event Schedules
Weekly Pool Schedules
Pool schedules subject to change.
Summer 2019 Calendar of Events
- May 26 – June 19: Aggie Swim Camp
- June 20 – 22: Senior Circuit
- June 29: Capital City Summer League
- July 13: Northwest Swim Circuit Invite
- July 19 – 21: Masters Long Course
- July 25 – 28: State Games of Texas
Please see Weekly Pool Schedule for the most up to date times of our events.
Breath Holding Policy (PDF)
- The Department of Recreational Sports PROHIBITS the practice of hyperventilating and extended breath holding activities in ALL Recreational Sports aquatic facilities.
Inclement Weather Policy at Cain Outdoor Pool
In the event of inclement weather (severe storm, pouring rain, and/or lightning) in the area, the Cain Outdoor Pool will close in order to ensure the safety of all patrons and staff. The pool will re-open for activity once the inclement weather has passed.
In case of lightning in the area:
The Student Recreation Center has a lightning detection system that will sound an alert when lightning is in the area. When lightning is detected, one long horn blast will sound indicating that all patrons and staff should exit the water and seek shelter. When lightning is no longer in the area, three short horn blasts will sound indicating an “all-clear” status and activities may resume.
In case of a severe storm or pouring rain:
Severe storms and pouring rain decrease the visibility of the bottom of the pool. For the safety of all patrons, the Cain Outdoor Pool will close when the lifeguards can no longer see the bottom of the pool. The pool will re-open for activity when the storm has passed and the bottom of the pool is visible.
- All non-swimmers should use shallow water pools. (Instructional & Outdoor)
- There is no shallow water in the competitive pools. (50m and Dive Well)
- Diving is not permitted in the instructional or outdoor pools.
- All users must shower before entering any of the pools.
- People with open wounds or infectious diseases are not permitted in the pools.
- Gum and adhesive bandages are not allowed in the pool area.
- Training equipment must be used in the manner for which it was intended.
- Flotation devices are not allowed in these pools.
- Lap lanes are for lap swimming only.
- Swimmers should swim with others of their ability. All swimmers should circle swim when sharing a lane with others.
- All persons under age 18 must be accompanied and closely supervised by an adult (age 18 or over).
- Food is not permitted in any pool area.
- Appropriate swimwear required.
- Street shoes are not permitted on pool decks.
- All users must shower before entering.
- Please enter and exit slowly and cautiously.
- People with heart disease, abnormal blood pressure or epilepsy should not use the hot tubs, as it may place themselves in physical danger.
- Pregnant women should not use the hot tubs.
- Children under five are not allowed to use the hot tubs and all other persons under age 18 must be accompanied and closely supervised by an adult (age 18 or over).
- Do not use the hot tubs while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Long exposure to hot tubs may result in nausea, dizziness or fainting.
- People with open wounds or infectious diseases are not permitted in the hot tubs.
- Use of body lotions, oils or suntan preparation is prohibited in the spa and hot tubs.
- Food or drink is not permitted in the spas or hot tubs.
- Failure to follow these rules may result in serious injury or death.