Fall 2018 Intramural Sports Schedule and Details
The registration process for intramural sports is conducted completely online. Payment will only be accepted with a credit card. If you are unable to pay by credit card, you will need to come to the intramural office prior to the online registration period to pay by cash to be able to sign up online.
Team captains who miss the 6pm registration deadline can come by the intramural office the following day; we will do our best to accommodate teams but cannot guarantee a spot will be available after the registration deadline.
Texas A&M Intramural Sports team schedules, registration and results are handled by a third party software called IMLeagues.com.
All intramural participants must be members of Rec Sports and meet the eligibility requirements for intramural sports. In order to adhere to this policy, all participants must log in through the RecConnect website in order to verify eligibility for intramural sports. You must have your Net ID and password in order to log into the site.
Intramural Sports officials make $9.00/hour!
Texas A&M Intramural Sports hires over 200 students each year to fill positions as referees and umpires for our team sports. Officials are needed for almost all intramural team sports including flag football, volleyball, soccer, basketball and softball. Training sessions are held in the weeks prior to the beginning of each respective season.
Officials Orientation Meetings
Intramural sports does not take applications. Please do not fill out the Rec Sports job application! If you are interested in being an intramural official, you MUST attend the orientation meeting for the sport you are interested in officiating.
General Orientation Meeting (All Sports)
- Date: Dec. 4
- Time: 7pm
- Location: SRC 1132
- Intramural officials are the entry level position available in Intramural Sports. All intramural officials must be a student (Blinn College students are eligible to work).
- Officials work approximately 6-12 hours a week; however, some work more or less. Your schedule depends on your availability, and Intramural Sports understands that you are a student FIRST!
- Intramural sports officials may be scheduled Sundays through Thursdays from 5:30pm to midnight. Sometimes Sunday starts as early at 3:30pm and is our most demanding day for staff and requires some availability. While there are no intramural events scheduled for Fridays and Saturdays, intramural officials can also earn extra cash by being available for special events on those days.
- Being an intramural official is seasonal and officials are only required while games are being played. Intramural sports are not played over semester breaks or when school is not in session.
- Hourly wage rate begins at $9.00/hour and officials are eligible for merit increases in pay after 6 months from initial hire and every semester afterwards.
- New intramural officials are not required to know the rules of the sport as those are taught during the training session; however, a basic understanding of the sport is preferred and will assist in getting hired.
- Once hired, intramural officials are required to attend 8-10 hours of training that occur over two weeks before the season starts. This training is paid and must be attended in order to continue working.
- Key qualities of desired staff include a willingness to learn, positive attitude, hustle, ability to accept feedback, and a willingness to improve through the season.