Membership & Services
Good news! If you’re a currently-enrolled student at Texas A&M, you’re already a member! We’ve also got membership options for faculty, staff and others with a connection to A&M.
Most students taking one or more semester hours automatically become Rec Members when they register and pay the Recreational Sports Fee. Some students do not pay the Recreational Sports Fee (i.e., students registered “in absentia”, students only taking internet classes, co-op students, etc.); these students will need to purchase a membership separately.
Continuing student memberships are available to students who were registered for class the previous semester but are not enrolled for the current semester. These are most frequently utilized by students who are in Bryan/College Station for the summer but are not enrolled for classes at Texas A&M and by students who graduated the previous semester but are still living locally. Continuing student memberships are $106 for one semester or $53 for one summer session.
Besides students, the following individuals are eligible to purchase Rec memberships:
- Current staff members of Texas A&M*
- Retired staff members of Texas A&M
- Spouses of current students, staff members, or retired staff members
- Adult dependents (age 18-25) of current students, staff members, or retired staff members
- Dependent children (age 3-17) of current students, staff members, or retired staff members (with some restrictions)
Memberships include access to Rec Sports facilities in the Rec Center (PEAP, Tennis Center and Penbethy Rec Sports Complex). Some Rec Sports programs have additional charges in addition to the membership price (i.e., group exercise classes, instructional classes, climbing facility, intramural sports, locker rentals).
- $375 annually
- $275 for two semesters
- $150 for one semester
- $106 per semester for a student spouse
*Payroll Deduction for Current Employees
Current employees are encouraged to sign up for their membership through payroll deduction. Patrons will make an initial payment at the time of purchase and the membership fee will be deducted from the member’s pay check each month. This payment option does not include locker rentals.
- $32/month for an employee who is paid 12 months of the year
- $42/month for an employee who is paid 9 months of the year
Nine-month employees pay a slightly higher rate ($42/month) which offsets the fact that there are three months during which no deduction will occur from their pay check.
In order to cancel payroll deduction, a “stop enrollment” form must be completed.
Former Students & Friends Membership
The Former Students & Friends Membership is available to anyone who is registered with The Association of Former Students. To be eligible for this membership, the person must:
- Have received a degree (e.g. bachelors, masters, doctorate) or honorary degree from Texas A&M University; or
- Be a current contributor to the Association of Former Students
- $500 annually
- $365 for two semesters
- $200 for one semester
The Member Service Manager will verify proof of current membership within The Association of Former Students. If an individual is rendered ineligible, they will be refunded their membership minus a $50 administrative fee.
Membership Fees & Cards
- Rec Member Dependents must register with Member Services for a Rec Dependent I.D. card. We will require a birth certificate and a $7.00 processing fee for each Rec Dependent I.D. card. A daily charge of $3.00 for children ages 3 – 13 and $4.00 for children ages 14 – 17 applies.
- All non-registered dependents or other children who are guests must purchase the current guest pass at $10 per day if sponsored by an adult Rec Member.
- Children age 2 and under may enter the Rec Center at no charge, but must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- All persons under the age of 18 MUST be within arm’s reach of an adult at all times, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Unlimited Dependent Membership
The unlimited membership will allow dependents with adult supervision access to the Rec Center during hours of operation. This membership will only be sold to dependents between 14 – 17. The cost of this membership will be $150.00 per semester.
- Dependent members 3 – 13 are allowed to purchase the unlimited membership for the summer semesters only.
Limited Dependent Membership
Fall and Spring Semester only.
The limited membership will allow access to the Rec Center only during posted facility family hours. This membership can be sold to any dependent age 3 – 13. The cost of this membership will be $100.00 per semester for the fall and spring semester. The parent/legal guardian of the dependent must be a member to purchase the limited membership.