Rec Sports is proud of the development opportunities made available to A&M’s students in the form of employment and leadership. Each year, Rec Sports employs nearly 1,000 Aggies, putting in excess of $1.3 million dollars back into the pockets of students who must fund their educational experience.
Rec Sports hires part-time and professional positions. For consideration in the professional area, all interested applicants should visit the Texas A&M Employee Services website.
Every semester, Rec Sports hires hundreds of part-time employees in a variety of different positions. Some positions are open to students only, while others are open to both students and non-students. Below are some of the various part-time employment opportunities available with Rec Sports. JOBS WITH AN ACTIVE LINK are currently hiring, while positions without an active link are currently filled.
How to apply for a job:
- Review the position descriptions listed below and identify a position for which you would like to apply.
- Fill out the part-time employee job application, making sure to follow any directions noted in the position description. Once completed, bring your application to the Student Recreation Center, Room 202.
Note: you may apply for more than one job, but you must fill out a separate application for each. Please DO NOT submit an application for jobs that do not have an active link!
Positions available to graduate students only:
- Graduate Assistant, Aquatics
- Graduate Assistant, Facilities
- Graduate Assistant, Intramural Sports
- Graduate Assistant, Marketing & Communications
- Graduate Assistant, Outdoor Adventures
- Graduate Assistant, Sport Clubs
- Graduate Assistant – Personal Training, Small Group Training, Strength & Conditioning
Positions available to students only:
- Accounting Assistant
- Aquatic Events Assistant
- Aquatic Cleaning and Maintenance Worker
- Banquet Services Staff
- Business Office Assistant
- Communications Student Assistant
- Customer Service Assistant
- Graphic Layout Artist
- Group Exercise Instructor
- Intramural Sports Officials
- Intramural Sports Scorekeeper
- Marketing Assistant, Advertising
- Marketing Assistant, Business
- Multi-media Assistant
- Outdoor Adventures Staff
- Penberthy Complex Attendant
- RecLIFE Magazine Coordinator
- Sport Clubs Event Assistant
- Strength & Conditioning Attendant
- Student Assistant, Development
- Student Assistant, Administrative
- Tailgate Crew
- Web Assistant
Positions available to both students and non-students:
- BootCamp/Bikini FitCamp Coach
- Boxing BootCamp Coach
- Fitness Instructor Training Assistant
- Fitness Outreach Instructor
- Group Exercise Instructor
- Indoor Climbing Facility Route Setter
- Massage Therapist
- Outdoor Adventures Trip Staff
- Personal Trainers
- SCUBA Instructor/Assistant
- Specialty Program Instructor – Ballet
- Specialty Program Instructor – Ballroom Dance
- Specialty Program Instructor – Barre
- Specialty Program Instructor – Boxing
- Specialty Program Instructor – Contemporary Dance
- Specialty Program Instructor – Country Western Assistant
- Specialty Program Instructor – Hip Hop
- Specialty Program Instructor – Jazz
- Specialty Program Instructor – Latin Mix Assistant
- Specialty Program Instructor – Pilates
- Specialty Program Instructor – Pilates Beatz
- Specialty Program Instructor – PiYo
- Specialty Program Instructor – Traditional Chinese Dance
- Specialty Program Instructor – Yoga
- Task Worker – SCUBA
- Triathlon Assistant Coach
All professional positions within the Department of Recreational Sports require application through Texas A&M University Job Path.
Information for Rec Sports Employees
The information on this page is intended solely for current employees of the Department of Recreational Sports.
The Department of Recreational Sports is committed to the development of our employees! The purpose of the Developmental Grant Program is to support and promote continuing education and professional development by providing funding that allows our students/part-time staff/volunteers to participate in programs and activities that will benefit the Department and its members.
For more information (including eligibility requirements), and/or to apply, please see the Developmental Grant Application.