Welcome to Aggieland!
Texas A&M University and the Department of Recreational Sports are proud to host the NIRSA Championship Series Regional Basketball Championships Mar. 22 – 24, 2019.
- Nick Heiar, Tournament Co-Director
Texas A&M University
- Kaulin Andric, Tournament Co-Director
Texas A&M University
- John Fernstrom, Participant and Team Liaison
Texas A&M University
Date: Friday, Mar. 22 – Sunday, Mar. 24, 2019
Location: Texas A&M University, Student Recreation Center
- Men’s and Women’s (roster limit is 15).
Number of Teams
- This tournament is not limited to a certain number of teams from one school, nor do we have a cap on the total number of teams for the tournament.
- Team Check in: TBA: Once we have this information there will be an update added here.
- Schedules: Schedule will be available at the captain’s meeting and not before. Any team not represented at the captain’s meeting will be removed from the schedule.
- Format: Pool play games will be Friday, Mar. 22 and Saturday, Mar. 23. Most teams will have a game Friday night. Elimination play will begin Saturday afternoon and continue Sunday morning.
- Captain Meeting: TBA: Once we have this information there will be an update added here.
- Location: All games will be played at the Student Recreation Center, 797 Olsen Blvd
- Time:TBA: Once we have this information there will be an update added here.
- Parking: Parking information will be determined closer to the event. Check back here for information at that time.
- Eligibility: All players must meet NIRSA eligibility requirements. To view those requirements, please click here.
- Equipment: Teams must provide their own jerseys with number on front and/or back. It is recommended that each team bring a color jersey and also white jerseys. Basketballs will be provided by the tournament host.
- Team Trophy
- Championship T-shirt
- Paid entry fee to National Tournament
- Travel Stipend to National Tournament
Tournament Runners Up:
- Team Trophy
- Tournament T-shirt
- Tournament memento
Team Registration Deadline: Friday, Mar. 15, 2019
Roster Lock Date: Monday, Mar. 18, 2019 by 5pm
(no changes can be made after this date)
Team Registration Cost:
Early (Before March 8th): $325
Late (After March 8th): $375
Team Registration Forms: All forms are to be emailed to John Fernstrom at email@example.com by Monday, Mar. 18th at 5pm. The time of check in is TBD.
All forms must be TYPED! All forms below are fillable PDF forms and handwritten forms are not acceptable. (Download Adobe Reader)
All registration and payments will be processed through IMLeagues.com. Please follow the steps below to get your team signed up to compete in the 2019 NIRSA Regional Basketball Championships hosted by Texas A&M University.
- If you have an IMLeagues account at your school, please log into your account, please follow the following steps to join our network:
- At the top of your IMLeagues page, there is a button that says ‘Networks’. Scroll over it and click on ‘Add Another’.
- Next to Create New Network, please type ‘NIRSA Regional Basketball – Texas A&M’.
- Click on the result.
- If you do not have an IMLeagues account at your school, please follow the following steps to create an account:
- Go to imleagues.com/tamuregional
- Click on the ‘Create Account’ button.
- Input your information.
- Click on either Men’s or Women’s.
- Choose ‘Register/Signup’ in the upper right hand corner and then select ‘Create Team’.
- You will be prompted to enter your team information and process your payment.
- Once your team is created and registered each member of your team must join your team. All players should follow steps 1 or 2 in order to get on the roster.
- EVERY PLAYER WHO WILL APPEAR ON YOUR PLAYER CERTIFICATION FORM MUST APPEAR ON YOUR IMLEAGUES TEAM PAGE AND VICE VERSA!
If you have questions, please contact John Fernstrom at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Officials Application is open now! These must be submitted no later than Friday, Mar. 1, 2019.
These applications are online and can be viewed by clicking this link.
Limited spots will be available for officials that would like to work this tournament. We are looking for the very best your institution has to offer. The application is due no later than Friday, Mar. 1, 2019.
- The number of officials will be based on the number of teams and selections will be determined by the Director of Officials.
- Mandatory Officials Workshop on Friday, Mar. 22 at 3pm in the Student Recreation Center Room 1132.
- Officials need to bring black shorts, predominately black shoes, basketball v-neck striped shirt, and whistles. Black officiating pants are also preferred if officials own them; but are not necessary for advancement in the tournament.
- All officials will receive a stipend of $100 for the tournament.
- Lodging will be provided by the tournament (four officials per room).
- Meals will be provided for dinner Friday, all meals on Saturday, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday.
- Hospitality room and services will be provided indoors for the entire tournament.
- Written evaluations and verbal feedback from experienced professionals will be shared throughout the tournament.
The top officials at this regional tournament will be awarded the opportunity to represent this region at the NIRSA Championship Series National Basketball Championships in April 2019 in Wichita, Kansas. The number of officials selected for the national tournament is solely dependent on the number of teams at the tournament. Somewhere between 2 and 4 officials will be selected. A small travel stipend will be provide to ALL selected officials. For more information on the National Basketball Championships, please visit www.nirsa.org.
There will not be an official host hotel for the tournament; however there are a multitude of different options for accommodations found on the Experience Bryan College Station Website! Click here to explore.