The Officials Application is open now! These must be submitted no later than Friday, Mar. 1, 2019.
These applications are online and can be viewed by clicking this link.
Limited spots will be available for officials that would like to work this tournament. We are looking for the very best your institution has to offer. The application is due no later than Friday, Mar. 1, 2019.
- The number of officials will be based on the number of teams and selections will be determined by the Director of Officials.
- Mandatory Officials Workshop on Friday, Mar. 22 at 3pm in the Student Recreation Center Room 1132.
- Officials need to bring black shorts, predominately black shoes, basketball v-neck striped shirt, and whistles. Black officiating pants are also preferred if officials own them; but are not necessary for advancement in the tournament.
- All officials will receive a stipend of $100 for the tournament.
- Lodging will be provided by the tournament (four officials per room).
- Meals will be provided for dinner Friday, all meals on Saturday, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday.
- Hospitality room and services will be provided indoors for the entire tournament.
- Written evaluations and verbal feedback from experienced professionals will be shared throughout the tournament.
The top officials at this regional tournament will be awarded the opportunity to represent this region at the NIRSA Championship Series National Basketball Championships in April 2019 in Wichita, Kansas. The number of officials selected for the national tournament is solely dependent on the number of teams at the tournament. Somewhere between 2 and 4 officials will be selected. A small travel stipend will be provide to ALL selected officials. For more information on the National Basketball Championships, please visit www.nirsa.org.