Rec Sports COVID-19 Response & Updates
The Rec Center is now open for limited activities.*
*Locker rooms, showers, the south side of the Rec Center, the Penberthy Rec Sports Complex, and the PEAP building will remain CLOSED until further notice.
All patrons must adhere to the Rec Sports COVID-19 Protocol.
Hours of Operation:
Rec Center, Indoor Climbing Facility, Bouldering Wall*
- Monday – Friday: 10am – 2pm & 5pm – 9pm
- Saturday: 10am – 2pm & 3pm – 7pm
- Sunday: 12pm – 3pm & 4pm – 7pm
Outdoor Rental Center**
- Monday – Saturday: 12pm – 2pm & 5pm – 7pm
- Sunday: CLOSED
**When you arrive to pick up or drop off gear, please call (979) 845-7035 and our staff will direct you on when you may come in. Only one customer party will be allowed in the lobby at a time.
Lap Pool & Cain Outdoor Pool:*
- Monday – Friday: 10am – 1:30pm & 5pm – 8:30pm
- Saturday: 10am – 1:30pm & 3pm – 6:30pm
- Sunday: 12pm – 2:30pm & 4pm – 6:30pm
*Patrons must sign up for a time slot to utilize the Strength & Conditioning Room, Indoor Climbing Facility, Lap Pool, and Cain Outdoor Pool. (No reservation is needed for the leisure side of the Cain Outdoor Pool.)
Rec Sports will continue to offer a variety of online activities!
- Please read Assumption of Risk Statement before participating in Rec Sports online offerings.
Fitness & Wellness:
FREE LIVE virtual Group RecXercise class schedule:
How to Participate in Live Zoom Group RecXercise Classes:
- Step 1: Click on meeting link
- Step 2: Enter in meeting ID
- Step 3: Enter your TAMU NetID and password
- Step 4: Make sure Zoom has access to your microphone for sound
- Step 5: Please keep your video off (all participants will also remain muted)
- Step 6: Get moving and have fun!
- Step 7: We will also be recording videos and sharing them at the end of each week via our website for you to participate in too!
Any attendees needing live captioning accommodations may email Anna Taggart at firstname.lastname@example.org 24 hours prior to the beginning of class.
Due to COVID-19, no in-person Intramural Sports programming will take place until at least the end of Summer Session I. However, there are still Intramural Champion t-shirts ready to be claimed! See below to learn more about some great ways to have some fun, stay active, or both during Summer Session I!
These programs are FREE and no Play Pass is required. Eligible participants include everyone with a current Rec Sports membership AS WELL AS anyone that had a Rec Sports membership during the Spring 2020 semester.
Visit imleagues.com/tamu for a complete schedule of Summer 1 virtual offerings! Registration begins Tuesday, May 26.
- Running Aggies
- Biking Aggies
- Walking Aggies
- Quiz Battle
- National Collegiate Trivia Nights
- Madden League
- FIFA League
- NBA 2K League
- MLB The Show (PS4 Only)
- Rocket League
- Wednesday Esports Tournaments
Strength & Conditioning:
Work out from home with our series of At-Home Workouts!
Check out our Lower Body workout! Click through the slides below for reps, sets, and demonstrations:
Check out our Upper Body workout! Click through the slides below for reps, sets, and demonstrations:
Check out this workout you can do by utilizing a staircase! Click through the slides below for reps, sets, and demonstrations:
Check out this workout you can do with nothing more than a deck of cards! Click through the slides below for reps, sets, and demonstrations:
Check out our Towel Tabata workout! Click through the slides below for reps, sets, and demonstrations:
No exercise materials at home? No problem! We have put together an at-home workout you can do with just a milk jug! Click through the slides below for reps, sets, and demonstrations:
No exercise materials at home? No problem! We have put together an at-home workout you can do with just a backpack! Click through the slides below for reps, sets, and demonstrations:
Rec Sports Information
We have implemented the following precautions in order to provide you with the safest and cleanest workout experience possible.
- We are providing hand sanitizer and gym wipes.
- We will have reduced operational hours to allow for increased cleaning and disinfecting.
- Our staff will wear face masks, and sneeze guards have been installed.
- Various pieces of equipment have been marked unavailable due to distancing guidelines.
- Court activities will be limited to:
- singles badminton, table tennis, and pickleball
- solo racquetball, squash, and handball
- Basketball hoops have been raised and soccer goals removed.
- No guest passes will be sold at this time.
- No cash; only credit cards will be accepted as payment.
- Reservations will be required for the Strength & Conditioning Room, the climbing wall, and the pools (when they become available).
- The indoor track will be limited to two lanes for walking and running/jogging, with proper physical distancing required.
We ask that you continue to do your part to keep our Aggie community healthy.
- Adhere to the Rec Sports COVID-19 Protocol when visiting the Rec Center.
- Stay at home if you are sick or show symptoms of COVID-19.
- Wash and sanitize your hands frequently.
- Practice physical distancing of at least 6 feet from others.
- Clean exercise equipment after use.
- Face masks and gloves are recommended when working out.
- Read Assumption of Risk Statement before participating in Rec Sports online offerings.
To comply with distancing and safety guidelines, participants must make a reservation to work out in the Strength & Conditioning Room or use the Indoor Climbing Facility.
- Patrons must create an account with IMLeagues prior to signing up for a time slot.
- Sign-ups for time slots will open at 12pm (noon) on the day prior. For example, sign-ups for Monday, May 18 will open at noon on Sunday, May 17.
- At this time, members will only be allowed to sign up for 1 time slot per day.
- All patrons must adhere to the Rec Sports COVID-19 Protocol.
At the direction of Governor Abbott, locker rooms and showers will remain closed until further notice. For questions, please email: email@example.com
To request a partial refund for Spring 2020 classes, lockers, semester passes, and trips, please submit the Texas A&M Rec Sports Reimbursement Request Form.
The deadline for requesting a Spring 2020 refund is Friday, July 31.
For other refund questions, please contact Mary Kalafatis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
State of Texas Information
Following are the Minimum Standard Health Protocols for Gyms/Exercise Facilities provided by the State of Texas:
- Continue to monitor https://www.tamu.edu/coronavirus/ for the latest updates on COVID-19 (coronavirus).