THANK YOU TO OUR CURRENT PARTNERS:
Rec Sports is very fortunate to have partnered with each of the dedicated local, regional and national businesses below, and we offer our sincere thanks for their support.
We would love to help your company engage with our members and are now offering select businesses the opportunity to participate in the following events.
We currently have no upcoming events. For future partnership opportunities, please contact Kelly VonDrehle at the contact provided below.
Texas A&M Rec Sports will be offering our 3rd annual Rec-A-Palooza! What is Rec-A-Palooza you ask? It is a highlighted even during Gig ‘Em week that gives all of the incoming freshman, transfer students, and current Ags the opportunity to see what Texas A&M Rec Sports is all about. Our goal of this event is not only to give new and current students at Texas A&M an interactive Rec Sports experience but also open them up to all of the offering of the surrounding local companies.
All events are subject to change.
Texas A&M Rec Sports 2nd annual Rec-A-Palooza took place on August 25, 2016! What is Rec-A-Palooza you ask? It is a highlighted event during Gig ‘Em week that gives all of the incoming freshman, transfer students and current Ags the opportunity to see what Texas A&M Rec Sports is all about. Our goal of this is event is not only to give new and current students at Texas A&M an interactive Rec Sports experience but also open them up to all of the offerings of surrounding local companies.
- 6000+ attendees at the event
- 1000 t-shirts/swag bags & 1000 koozies distributed within the first hour of the event
- Successful marketing throughout 50+ on/off campus outlets and events
- Partnered with 18 local companies
“We loved it, and think it was an awesome way for us to reach potential volunteers!” –Alyssa Bailey, CVB
Check out pictures from the event here.
Rec-A-Palooza 2016 Facebook Event Page.
From acquiring new customers to developing long-term relationships, partnering with Texas A&M University’s Department of Recreational Sports can provide the ideal marketing platform for reaching the student and campus markets. Our Corporate Sponsorship program has produced a winning formula for both local and Fortune 500 businesses to directly market their goods and services responsibly to our members while achieving the following measurable objectives:
- Reach a target market of 55,092, 18-24 year olds
- Impact purchasing decisions
- Enforce and grow brand awareness
- Demonstrate and sell new products
- Differentiate product from competitors
- Drive sales on campus
- Collect market research
- Commitment to the fitness and rec sports for life
Associate your name with Department of Recreational Sports and Texas A&M University at one of several special events. Events range from the First Friday Fitness Challenge to Rec-A-Palooza, with attendance ranging from 200 to 3000.
Place your product directly in the hands of your company’s target market. This opportunity includes promotional activities such as product sampling during daily Rec Sports activities and/or produce sampling during Rec Sports special events.
Receive extensive exposure delivered through banner placement in prominent high traffic areas located strategically in the Student Rec Center and other recreational sports facilities.
Digital Signage – Placement of a 20-second static advertisement (similar to a slideshow) on our (6) RecTV displays located throughout the facility (entrance/exit, each locker room, 3rd floor, cardio theater, etc.).
Print Signage Display – Includes option of track window ads, and/or banners. Track window ads are placed around the indoor track, located on the third level within the facility. A banner can be displayed inside the rec center and/or at the Penberthy Rec Sports Complex.
- Penberthy Banner Display – Penberthy Banners are placed at various locations throughout the Penberthy Complex for maximum visibility by Penberthy users and visitors.
- Rec Banner Display – Banners are strategically placed on the third floor of the facility to ensure high visibility.
- Track Display – Place your ad/logo in one or more of our windows that are aligned at perfect viewing height along the indoor track. You provide your printed design, and we provide the rest.
Reinforce your brand with logo placement on all collateral materials including all promotional literature below:
- Print Promotion – Includes logo recognition on our Rec Sports Guide. If guide is already printed, logo will go in the guide the following semester. 3 guides are printed per year.
- Co-branding Promotion – Opportunity to include logo on (1) major Rec Sports promotional item to be distributed by Rec Sports at Texas A&M events. Price does NOT include cost of promotional items and production.
- Rec Website – Recognition on Rec Sports website, ranging from company name to web page link and company logo on the Rec Sports partnership webpage. Links will be to company home page, or a company preferred link upon approval.
Cooperative Advertising Partnerships
- Restroom Reader Ad Partner – Rec Sports delivers a captive audience by placing restroom advertising in select high-traffic locations. As Restroom Ad Sponsor, your company’s logo will be displayed in over 60 highly visible locations.
Partnership opportunities are subject to change.
Rec Sports Impact
Texas A&M Rec Sports boasts one of the largest and finest collegiate recreation programs in the United States. Recognized on a campus and national level for program quality and innovation, over 50,000 student, campus, and community members are served annually.
Rec Sports Demographics:
- 100% of currently enrolled students are members
- 80% of A&M students participate in Rec Sports and fitness activities
- 500+ Texas A&M faculty/staff members
- 14,127 student athletes compete in Intramural Sports
- 2,418 student athletes compete in Sport Clubs programs
- 20,490 Group Recxercise participants
- 2,603 Outdoor Adventures participants
- 2,761 Personal Training sessions
- 6,951 Aquatics participants
- 3,810 Indoor climbing participants
- Roughly 850 students annually operated our programs, facilities and services and were paid a total of $1,664,547 + benefits in FY14.
- Over 116,000 participants in drop-in recreation at the Penberthy Rec Sports Complex
- 10,808 Freshman
- 9,963 Sophomore
- 9,883 Junior
- 13,892 Senior
- Total 44,681
- 5,972 Masters
- 4,631 Doctoral
- Total 10,603
Guaranteed Visibility on Rec Sports Website:
Mass Rec Sports Publications and Distributions:
- Roughly 50,000 guides distributed bi-annually to students, campus and community members
- Thousands of t-shirts distributed at various special events, Rec programs such as Intramural Sports, and outreach events including Fish Camp
- Street Team marketing capabilities where marketing staff distribute your materials to the students
Texas A&M Rec Sports Facilities:
Student Rec Center
- Average 1.2 million entries each year since opening in 1995
- Average does not include an estimated 300,000 additional annual entries from groups coming in for special events such as tours, camps and swim meets
- One day record number of entries: 9,192 (August 31, 2009)
- FY13 1-day record: 7,983 (January 22, 2014)
- 6,750 average member and non-member visits per day during the academic year
- 373,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor program space at the Student Recreation Center
- Open 348 days annually
- 6,000 operating hours per year (seven days a week excluding holidays)
- Roughly 75% of the Texas A&M student body uses the Rec Center and the services we provide
Penburthy Rec Sports Complex
- 50 acres of outdoor program space at the Penberthy Rec Sports Complex
- 4 artificial turf fields
- 9 natural turf fields
- A central building with outdoor pavilion (with seating available for approximately 200), meeting room (seating for approximately 60), restrooms with shower/changing areas, and control room
- An additional building with meeting room and restroom facilities
- An additional building with restroom facilities
- 115,000 square feet of additional Rec Sports space in the PEAP Building, including:
- Gym space for 6 volleyball or 4 basketball courts
- Gymnastics room for Gymnastics Club
- Mat room
- Sport conditioning space for boot camp
- One weight room for the Powerlifting Club
- Meeting space for student organizations