Student Recreation Center
The Student Recreation Center is our flagship facility. With more than 400,000 square feet of recreation space, there is something for everyone at "The Rec."
Fall 2014 Hours*
Student Recreation Center
- Monday - Thursday: 6am - 12am (midnight)
- Friday: 6am - 11pm
- Saturday: 8am - 11pm
- Sunday: 12pm (noon) - 12am (midnight)
Indoor Climbing Facility
- Monday - Friday: 3pm - 10pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 1pm - 6pm
*Facility hours are subject to change.
- Weight & Fitness Room totals 14,000 square feet with everything you can imagine to meet your fitness goals. The free weight area features over 35,000 lbs of weight plates and dumbbells as well as 165+ pieces of strength training equipment, including plate-loaded and pin-select lines, a cardiovascular area with 60+ machines, multiple televisions with wireless sound for entertainment.
- Walking/running track, approximately 1/4 mile, with area for stretching, stability balls and mats.
- Fourteen handball/racquetball/squash courts.
- Four dance/activity rooms for Group RecXercise and Specialty Programs.
- Gymnasium space can be divided into four basketball, four volleyball or 12 badminton courts. Soccer Courts with two regulation size indoor soccer courts with rounded corners, dasher boards and Plexiglas and can also be divided into four basketball, four volleyball or six badminton courts. Used for open recreation and intramurals.
- Indoor Climbing Facility (44' high) has approximately 3,500 sq. ft. of climbing area and combines integral rock and moveable hand and foot holds. Also features 10 top ropes and hosts instructional courses from beginner to advanced. Group facility and private party rentals are available.
- Natatorium features competitive swimming pool with two movable bulkheads, competitive diving pool including a special needs accessible chair lift. Shallow water instructional pool has sloped entry and measures 20 yards with five lanes. Two spas, men's and women's varsity and visiting team locker rooms.
- Outdoor Activity Area (Backyard) features four sand volleyball courts, three outdoor basketball courts, a resort-style outdoor pool and spa, outdoor locker rooms, and an outdoor pavilion with picnic tables and grills.
- Special Events/Archery Room has a capacity of 450 for banquets, and for archery can accommodate 60 shooters/150 spectators with 14 archery target stands, four bow racks, one archery net, shooting lines.
- Garden Room: Capacity of 80 participants for group exercise or banquet seating for up to 168 guests.
- Classrooms: Rec Sports has two classrooms:
- Large classroom (capacity 130) has 87-seat retractable amphitheater style seating, and a wood floor for multi-purpose use
- Pool classroom (capacity 45) doubles as swim meet management room
- Men's and women's locker rooms with over 2,300 lockers in three sizes, private shower areas, hair dryers and vanity areas with electricity.
- Member Services Desk (845-7826) assists guests with membership sales, intramural and program entries, massage appointments, locker rentals, lost and found and guest services.
- Equipment Etc. Desk, (845-4917) assists guests with retail sales, equipment checkout, towel service, day locker rentals, handball, racquetball and squash court reservations.
- Timeout Deli serves up sandwiches, burgers, fries, smoothies, specialty items, desserts, yogurt, ice cream, salads, fruits, soft drinks, sports drinks, bottled water.
- Lounge/Eating Area with tables and chairs, lounge furniture, couches, television, vending machines and great observational area for many activities including indoor climbing area.