The Rec currently offers 400,000 square feet of recreational facilities, with expansion/renovations in progress to provide even more and better spaces for our patrons. Whether you want to do a quick workout in the weight room, burn off some steam on a treadmill, or kick back and watch some ESPN in our lounge, there’s something for everyone at the Rec.
What We’ve Got
- Our Weight & Fitness area has everything you need to meet your fitness goals. The free weight area features over 35,000 lbs. of weight plates and dumbbells, as well as 165+ pieces of strength training equipment, including plate-loaded and pin-select lines, a cardiovascular area with 60+ machines, and options for sound and entertainment.
- Walking/running track, approximately 1/4 mile, with area for stretching, stability balls and mats.
- Fourteen handball/racquetball/squash courts.
- Four dance/activity rooms for Group RecXercise and Specialty Programs.
- Gymnasium space can be divided into four basketball, four volleyball or 12 badminton courts. Soccer Courts with two regulation size indoor soccer courts with rounded corners, dasher boards and Plexiglas and can also be divided into four basketball, four volleyball or six badminton courts. Used for open recreation and intramurals.
- Indoor Climbing Facility (44′ high) has approximately 3,500 sq. ft. of climbing area and combines integral rock and moveable hand and foot holds. Also features 10 top ropes and hosts instructional courses from beginner to advanced. Group facility and private party rentals are available.
- Natatorium features competitive swimming pool with two movable bulkheads, competitive diving pool including a special needs accessible chair lift. Shallow water instructional pool has sloped entry and measures 20 yards with five lanes. Two spas, men’s and women’s varsity and visiting team locker rooms.
- Outdoor Activity Area (Backyard) features four sand volleyball courts, three outdoor basketball courts, a resort-style outdoor pool and spa, outdoor locker rooms, and an outdoor pavilion with picnic tables and grills.
- Men’s and women’s locker rooms with over 2,300 lockers in three sizes, private shower areas, hair dryers and vanity areas with electricity.
- Member Services desk (979-845-7826) assists guests with membership sales, massage appointments, locker rentals, lost and found and guest services.
- Equipment Etc. desk (979-845.4917) assists guests with retail sales, equipment checkout, towel service, day locker rentals, handball, racquetball and squash court reservations
- Smoothie King serves delicious food, drinks and smoothies
- Lounge/eating area with tables and chairs, lounge furniture, couches, television, vending machines and great observational area for many activities including indoor climbing area
A Few Things to Remember
- Most currently-enrolled students are already members. Just show your ID to gain access to the facility.
- Only beverages in re-sealable plastic containers are allowed inside the Rec. Food is not allowed except in the lounge area.
- Please respect the privacy of others and refrain from photographing individuals within the facility.
- Don’t be a theft victim! Lock your personal belongings in one of our free day lockers.
- Towels are required in the weight and fitness area. Please wipe down equipment after usage.
- All unreserved sport courts/racquetball/squash courts are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Non-marking shoes are required on all hardwood courts.
- Please observe all Rec Sports policies.
Contact Member Services at 979-845-7826.